I also have a thing for eating frozen blueberry waffles. It started when I was desperate to eat something and didn't want to bother with the microwave. I wanted something cold, and there was no ice cream, so I grabbed a frozen blueberry waffle. And uh...now, I seem to have a problem stopping. So there. That's something really, really quirky about me.
You can call me Annabelle, or pretty much any derivative of–Annie, Anna, Bella, Belle–as long as I know it's me and as long as it's not Anne! I strongly dislike being called Anne. Don't try and be clever and call me Ann, either–I will be seriously annoyed. I don't mind being called pet names if that's your style. I myself use a wide variety of pet names.
In addition to English, I speak excellent Italian (although my accent is terrible.) and passable French. I've been studying Russian, too, but I still cannot speak it for my life. Turns out it's not very easy to learn a new alphabet. I hope to learn many languages in my lifetime, as they absolutely fascinate me.
I plan on being an architect and opening my own firm. I also have a strong interest in interior design and photography, so I might do those on the side or work them into my business or something. It could happen.
Music is my life. That's all.
I love boys with accents. British boys, Scottish boys, Irish boys, Australian boys…the list goes on. I also apparently have a thing for older men, but we don't talk about that. It's weird. Think David Tennant, Colin O'Donoghue, Benedict Cumberbatch…and yeah, I'm just going to shut up now before I mention every celebrity crush I've ever had.
Also, even though I am seventeen and should totally be over this, I still occasionally fantasize about marrying a prince. Yeah, whatever.
I started Sparkles and Lightning under the name The Dancer Says in November of 2011. In mid-March, I became even more serious about blogging and made the resolution to update daily. I have never regretted this decision. Yet. (Kidding.)
- I absolutely cannot stand it when microwaves turn counterclockwise. They have to turn clockwise or I freak out and keep pressing the stop and start buttons until it turns clockwise. Yeah, I know. That's weird.
- I always apply my eyeshadow wet, but I rarely wear eyeshadow. Usually I stick with black eyeliner. Like I said, weird. I even have quirks about things I almost never do.
- I am absolutely terrified of knives in sinks. This is thanks to Barry Lyga. This has resulted in my boyfriend leaving knives in sinks and then laughing when I freak out. He also likes to take pictures of knives in sinks and send them to me. They are both jerks.
- I am a total girly-girl. Think pink, glitter, roses, the works. However, one of my most favorite things to read is horror. Love it.
- I am a ballroom dancer. I can dance any ballroom dance you can throw at me, and even those you can't. It's a lot of fun!
- I am five foot four and fairly normalish looking. I have brown hair although I dye it and brown eyes, which, according to my boyfriend, are like mud but more luminous.
- I can't stand it when light switches are flipped the wrong way. It drives me crazy.
- I love to shop. And spend money. This is not good for my bank account.
- My boyfriend is a very blond, very sensitive artist. He's also a playboy.
- The volume of whatever I'm currently listening to has to be on an even number. If it's on an odd number I actually hyperventilate.
Want me to be a part of your blog tour? Contact me and let me know.
Want to swap blog rolls? Fill out a form and let me know!
- The Valentine Challenge: BLOG TOUR, INTERVIEW, and...
- Waiting on Wednesday (48)
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone: REVIEW
- Magic Monday (48)
- Taking a Twitter Break
- Covermance! (57)
- Root Bound: BLOG TOUR, REVIEW, and GIVEAWAY
- Pieces: BLOG TOUR, REVIEW, and EXCERPT
- Some Thursday Things
- Waiting on Wednesday (47)
- Dualed: REVIEW
- Revelations: COVER REVEAL and GIVEAWAY
- Fairyvision: COVER REVEAL
- Magic Monday (47)
- Covermance! (56)
- Fairy Board Game: GUEST POST and GIVEAWAY
- Shades of Earth: REVIEW
- Valentine's Day Giveaway!
- Harken: BLOG TOUR, INTERVIEW, and GIVEAWAY
- Waiting on Wednesday (46)
- Paper Valentine: REVIEW
- Magic Monday (46)
- Covermance! (55)
- Some Updates and Stuff
- Mind Games: REVIEW
- Shadowguard: BLOG TOUR, REVIEW, and GIVEAWAY
- Waiting on Wednesday (45)
- The Madman's Daughter: REVIEW
- Magic Monday (45)
- Covermance! (54)
- New Design!
- Follower Appreciation Giveaway!
- Forty Days: COVER REVEAL
- ▼ February (33)
- ► 2012 (355)
Browse Reviews by Rating
In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, I am required to state that no payments are received in return for reviews, promotions and endorsements. All books are received at no cost from publishers or purchased by myself. I receive no monetary compensations for anything that appears on Sparkles and Lightning.